And we did receive the much needed showers of blessings so we relocated the Clam Shell and Bucket hat project indoors. After a 3 function break, and for me a dress change, we got back to Nai's Hat. We used my outdoor bug repellant old bucket hat as a template. With a few measurements of Nai's humongous head the circumference and crown heigh t we started cutting. We cut the crown in two pieces, a rough circle for the top of the head, and a rectangle for the tower. After sewing the pieces together we decided to add a little more length and style to the crown by adding another rectangle (band). Following Nai's wackadoodle design, we used contrasting cuts throughout the process. I learnt that Nai is a Dude who knows what he wants and will persist to achieve his goals. Our first brim cut consisting of two semi circular pieces was just not wide enough, in fact Nai was adamant that he had not created a bucket hat. Of course, I could not disappoint so we collaborated on how we could achieve his ideal bucket hat. In the end, we added two triangular inserts of contrasting fabric into the brim to increase the circumference at the outer edge and Voila! Nai's Bucket Nai did a fantastic job persevering and I absolutely love this ONE OF A KIND creation. Let us know what you think - Join the Clam Shell to post a comment.